My neighbor's garden...

This is my neighbor Steve's garden. He's on Garden Walk Buffalo and also this year on Gardens Buffalo Niagara's Tours of Open Gardens – so you'll have a chance to stop in and see his garden this summer.

But right now, I think it's looking its best, with spring blooming trees doing their thing. Steve's got a healthy collection of hosta and heuchera (coral bells) among with complimentary (and contrasting) textured shrubs and trees.

Directly behind his garden is INNBuffalo off Elmwood, a recently opened, nine-room boutique hotel in an 1898 former home of a Buffalo industrialist. It's the pink-trimmed building you see. When they created their parking lot, Steve's garden went from shade to sun, so there's been some adjusting over the past two years.

Here I'll just leave you with some photos taken this weekend. If a picture is worth a thousand words, these are thousands of words of poetry.

Comments

  1. His was one of the first gardens I saw that combined different colours of Heuchera - liked it so much I borrowed the idea and brought it to my own garden. Looking at how polished his is at the moment, I've got some work to do today. Looking forward to GWA! btw 40% of the Toronto Islands are under water - their tour cancelled - good job we saw it last year with that clown umbrella, who knows what it will look like when the water subsides.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts