Portland's Boy's Fort - my new favorite garden store

If I could open up a garden store (and I can't), the kind of garden store I would open would be like Portland, OR's Boys Fort. It was the manliest store I've ever been in that had a large selection of garden supplies – and it even had a florist's shop!

It had a great mix of rough hewn and rugged, repurposed and worn home decor, furniture, and lighting that would be most appropriate for a, well, a boy's fort. Not even a mancave really. It had a bit more rustic and authentic, handmade, handcrafted vibe to all its merchandise, definitely curated to hark back to more juvenile memories. They call it "Manthropology."

C'mon, what guy wouldn't want the succulent planters above – I need a collection of these.

If you are visiting Portland, I would highly suggest stopping in for a visit.
Ball and rock in window of cracked mirrors. Love this. I think I could make this.

Comments

  1. I imagine that your garden is more interesting now than it was those many years ago. Except of course the board going over to the neighbors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts